Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dior Addict Lipstick: 2011 Relaunch Info & Review


This review is for the new 2011 reformulated lipsticks, which will replace Dior Addict High Shine Lipsticks, as well as the current Dior Addict Lipsticks with the blue packaging. They come in entirely new shades.

Below is a little info about this new collection...

The New Dior Addict Lipstick collection is inspired by John Galliano’s bold, daring fashion collections. Featuring the largest shade wardrobe of any Dior lipstick collection—56 striking shades direct from the runway—this trend-setting collection offers a variety of options for the woman who is not afraid to experiment. The ultra-hydrating formula creates a veil of luminous shine and vibrant color in a single sweep.

These retail for $28, and the packaging is similar to that of the previous High Shine variety. It's very heavy and bulky packaging that will take up space in your makeup bag, though. If you are the type to carry multiple shades, you might find these a bit inconvenient. I was indifferent to the case at first, but now I have grown to love it. It's the opposite of a normal lipstick, since you take the lipstick tube out of an outer shell that it clicks into. It feels very luxe, and it has a satisfying click that lets you know it's not going to pop open in your makeup bag.

Here's what Dior has to say about the technology behind these new lipsticks...

The key ingredient, Mirror Jelly, brings shine, volume and hydration to the lips. This unique ingredient is made up of two components: polymers that provide a long-lasting, second-skin effect with exceptional hydrating and softening properties and silicone oil, which creates a light, smooth texture. In addition, a significantly lower level of wax (25% less than a standard lipstick) creates a light-reflecting, voluminous effect.

The formula is amazing, seriously. I LOVE these lipsticks, and I would go as far as to say that if I was only allowed one lipstick for the rest of my life, I would make it one of these. They glide on like butter, I can't put it in a better way. The formula is very glossy, yet very pigmented. I get medium-full coverage out of these but it looks extremely natural. They're so moisturizing that they don't accentuate anything, they COVER lip imperfections...I'm amazed. I have very chapped lips naturally, so I always avoid more matte lipsticks, but I also have days where I have to use gloss instead of any lipstick just so I don't accentuate the problem. Not with these, I have been using it every single day since I got it. I am in love.

The shade I picked up is 222 - Casual Beige, and it's like my natural lip color in a tube. When I put it on, between what I stated above, and the natural color...it looks like I have naturally perfect lips.

I don't detect any type of scent...if anything, it's a faint vanilla-ish scent, but you really have to place the tube at the end of your nose to pick up the slightest hint of it. No flavor either, obviously.

Do you need these? YES, YES, & YES! No doubt about it. I feel that these are worth every bit of the $28 they cost, and I can confidently say that I will keep buying more of them and/or replacing the shade I have. Definitely my favorite lipstick to date, Dior has finally done what other makeup companies have been trying to do for years...put lip perfection in a tube.

Here is a shade list, for reference, since there are so many of them...
  • Shades: Tulle #214, Beige Casual #222, Basic #253, Rose Déshabillé #260, Beige Perfection #322, Nude #333, Miss Dior #343, Blush #353, Créateur #445, Parisian Chic #454, Singulière #465, Vintage #525, Bobo #530, Tailleur Bar #535, Baby Rose #561, Diorkiss #578, Must-Have #579, L.A. #586, Spotlight #612, Granville #621, Androgyne #626, Miami #635, Millie #680, Icône #681, Gibraltar #682, Beige Dandy #712, New York #714, New Look #745, Rock’n Roll #750, Fashion #753, Paris #762, Reflet #763, Rouge Podium #773, Londres #783, Stiletto #797, Smoky #811, Couture #864, Collection #865, Arty #872, Fashion Week #881, Red Carpet #963, Fourreau #971, Rose Shocking #972, Perfecto #991
  • Sephora Exclusives: Urban #178, Diorissime #249, Garçonne #330, Pink Chérie #368, Tokyo #422, It Pink #554, Model #564, Taffetas #566, Backstage #583, Show #778
  • Saks Exclusive: Beige Mondaine #623
  • Nordstrom Exclusive: Insoumise #983

Swatch of the shade I purchased...



0 comments: